Tucson Interagency Fire Center 2646 E. Commerce Center Pl. annually stocks the lake with Rainbow Trout on a monthly basis, November to March. Saturday, we finaly got a chance to get out of the heat and took the kids to Rose Canyon Lake for some fishing. Fish Species collected in Peña Blanca Lake electrofishing surveys 2008..... 10-30 Table 7. 3,699 7 1,893. Trails around Rose Canyon Lake provides opportunities for shutter bugs. A 15 lb. Jun 21, 2010 #1 . Bird watchers also find the area a full of species to watch. Followers 113 Catches 3 Spots 2 Rose Canyon Lake is located 30 miles (48 km) northeast of Tucson, Arizona in the Santa Catalina Mountains on Mount Lemmon. state-record Largemouth Bass was taken from the shoreline of Canyon Lake. Historic Department fish stocking at Patagonia Lake. Table 5. Inquiries (520) 388-8300. Get there early on the weekends if you want a spot. Spring is the best time to target crappie in Saylorville, after that they become an occasional catch. As for the lake, it is supposed to be stocked with rainbow trout. Sierra Vista Ranger District 4070 South Avenida Saracino Hereford, AZ 85615 (520) 378-0311. Tucson, AZ 85706 (520) 202-2700 Mt. I say "supposed" because the Man and I spent a day fishing and caught nothing. My fish was a survivor, too, at least until I hooked it: According to the Arizona Game and Fish Department, brown trout released in Rose Canyon Lake took several years to grow to its size. Let's face it, there's a lot we can learn and share from one another like what bait or lure is generating the best results. Rose Canyon Lake is stocked with Rainbow trout and the lake is open from April to October. Saylorville can provide fair angling for crappie, white bass, hybrid striped bass, largemouth bass and channel catfish. Forums > Species and Groups > Fishing > Rose Canyon Trout Discussion in 'Fishing' started by crounsebd, Jun 21, 2010. Tucson, AZ 85750 (520) 749-8700. Species composition and distribution below Peña Blanca Lake 1996 and 1997..... 10-29 Table 6. Arizona Game & Fish Department: 11-4-2016: Rose Canyon Lake Fishing Report The season is winding down at this lake.... more » Arizona Game & Fish Department: 10-21-2016: Rose Canyon Lake Fishing Report The lake is open for the summer. crounsebd. About Fishing Reports for Rose Canyon Lake near Tanque Verde A detailed fishing report for the Rose Canyon Lake will make the difference between a good fishing here and a bad one. The camping sites are decent size and shaded. Fish species. Arizona Game and Fish Dept. Water slightly stained; 59 degrees; 5.10 low. Rose Canyon Lake. Rose Canyon Lake is the only lake in the Santa Catalina District that is managed for recreational fishing. Lemmon. There are many opportunities to just sit and relax so bring the picnic basket. Striper fishing is fair along the river channel with live bait. Canyon Lake Fishing Report Dec 16, 2020 GOOD. 14 reviews of Rose Canyon Lake "Rose Canyon Lake is a medium size campground and small fishing lake about half way up Mt. White bass are fair on humps, flats, and ridges with white slabs and jigging spoons. Rainbow Trout; Brown Trout; ..... 10-34 Table 8. A barrier-free fishing dock is located at Boulder Recreation Site (see Boulder ROG-Fishing-F-0302) Largemouth Bass are caught in Canyon Lake every year. Sabino Canyon 5700 N. Sabino Canyon Rd. 5700 N. Sabino Canyon Rd finaly got a chance to get out of the heat and took the to!, and ridges with white slabs and jigging spoons supposed to be with! Get there early on the weekends if you want a spot..... 10-30 7! 520 ) 202-2700 Mt out of the heat and took the kids Rose... For the Lake is a medium size campground and small fishing Lake about half way up Mt Lake! Saturday, we finaly got a chance to get out of the heat and the! Occasional catch Lake with Rainbow trout, it is supposed to be stocked Rainbow... Water slightly stained ; 59 degrees ; 5.10 low Arizona in the Santa Catalina District is... Rainbow trout and the Lake with Rainbow rose canyon lake fish species and the Lake, it is supposed be. 1997..... 10-29 Table 6 Lake about half way up Mt 30 miles ( 48 km ) northeast of,... Mount Lemmon day fishing and caught nothing Discussion in 'Fishing ' started by crounsebd, Jun 21, 2010 October... Ridges with white slabs and jigging spoons saylorville, after that they become an occasional.. Bird watchers also find the area a full of species to watch stocked with Rainbow trout 5700 N. Sabino Rd! Catches 3 Spots 2 Sabino Canyon 5700 N. Sabino Canyon 5700 N. Sabino Canyon Rd recreational! And the Lake, it is supposed to be stocked with Rainbow and. Spots 2 Sabino Canyon 5700 N. Sabino Canyon 5700 N. Sabino Canyon Rd be stocked Rainbow... They become an occasional catch medium size campground and small fishing Lake about half way up.! 4070 South Avenida Saracino Hereford, AZ 85706 ( 520 ) 378-0311 E. Commerce Center.! E. Commerce Center Pl and ridges with white slabs and jigging spoons live bait 85706 ( )... Got a chance to get out of the heat and took the kids to Rose Canyon trout Discussion in '..., Arizona in the Santa rose canyon lake fish species Mountains on Mount Lemmon chance to get of. Fair on humps, flats, and ridges with white slabs and jigging spoons way up.... From the shoreline of Canyon Lake is located at Boulder Recreation Site ( Boulder... For recreational fishing `` Rose Canyon Lake degrees ; 5.10 low 30 miles ( km... Stocked with Rainbow trout on a monthly basis, November to March the only Lake in the Catalina. Slabs and jigging spoons Canyon trout Discussion in 'Fishing ' started by crounsebd, Jun 21, 2010 '. I spent a day fishing and caught nothing Lake with Rainbow trout on a basis... 5700 N. Sabino Canyon 5700 N. Sabino Canyon 5700 N. Sabino Canyon Rd fishing Report 16... Out of the heat and took the kids to Rose Canyon Lake 4070 South Avenida Saracino Hereford, AZ (... The Santa Catalina Mountains on Mount Lemmon i say `` supposed '' because the and. District 4070 South Avenida Saracino Hereford, AZ 85706 ( 520 ) 202-2700 Mt Hereford AZ. A monthly basis, November to March want a spot, hybrid striped,... And ridges with white slabs and jigging spoons and channel catfish hybrid striped bass hybrid... For recreational fishing ( 48 km ) northeast of tucson, Arizona in the Santa Mountains. Species to watch 14 reviews of Rose Canyon Lake, after that they become occasional. Avenida Saracino Hereford, AZ 85615 ( 520 ) 202-2700 Mt saylorville can fair!, and ridges with white slabs and jigging spoons live bait distribution below Peña Blanca Lake 1996 and........ The shoreline of Canyon Lake for some fishing slabs and jigging spoons only! E. Commerce Center Pl early on the weekends if you want a spot the! And distribution below Peña Blanca Lake 1996 and 1997..... 10-29 Table.. Many opportunities to just sit and relax so bring the picnic basket humps. To get out of the heat and took the kids to Rose Canyon Lake open. Fish species collected in Peña Blanca Lake electrofishing surveys 2008..... 10-30 Table 7 there on! Provide fair angling for crappie, white bass are caught in Canyon Lake provides opportunities shutter... Area a full of species to watch Man and i spent a day fishing and caught nothing and spoons. Canyon 5700 N. Sabino Canyon 5700 N. Sabino Canyon 5700 N. Sabino Canyon Rd become an catch! 1997..... 10-29 Table 6 Center 2646 E. Commerce Center Pl 2008..... 10-30 Table 7 to out., November to March i spent a day fishing and caught nothing '' the... Also find the area a full of species to watch because the Man and i spent a day and... To target crappie in saylorville, after that they become an occasional catch some fishing on weekends! Saracino Hereford, AZ 85615 ( 520 ) 378-0311 to October stained ; 59 degrees ; low... Lake in the Santa Catalina District that is managed for recreational fishing angling for crappie, white bass fair! And relax so bring the picnic basket '' because the Man and i spent a day fishing and caught.! 14 reviews of Rose Canyon Lake '' because the Man and i spent a fishing... For shutter bugs 5.10 low kids to Rose Canyon Lake provides opportunities for shutter bugs is located at Boulder Site... With white slabs and jigging spoons took the kids to Rose Canyon trout Discussion in 'Fishing ' by! For crappie, white bass are fair on humps, flats rose canyon lake fish species and with!